German Doughnuts (Fastnachts) Recipe
Instructions:1. Scald the milk and set aside to cool to lukewarm.
2. To the dissolved yeast, add 1/2 cup of flour and mix to a batter.
3. Add to the milk.
4. Stir in 1 tsp of the sugar and about 3 cups of flour.
5. Set in a warm place to rise overnight.
6. In the morning, add the well-beaten eggs, nutmeg, butter, sugar, and salt and mix thoroughly.
7. Stir in enough flour until batter can no longer be stirred with a spoon.
8. Set aside to rise until light.
9. Roll on a well-floured board and cut with a doughnut cutter.
10. Let rise again, and then fry in hot fat until golden brown.