Galaxy Doughnuts Recipe
Instructions:1. In a large mixing bowl, proof the yeast with 1/2 teaspoon sugar for 10 minutes.
2. Mix the shortening into the warm milk, then add the liquid to the yeast mixture along with 1/4 cup of the sugar, salt, vanilla, eggs, wheat germ, soy flour, oat bran, and 1 1/2 cups of the flour.
3. Beat vigorously until very well blended.
4. Stir in the remaining flour and beat until smooth.
5. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and put it in a warm, draft-free place until the dough doubles.
6. Punch down and turn the dough out onto a floured board; pat out until the dough is about 1/2-inch thick.
7. Cut out doughnuts with a cookie cutter and place 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets.
8. Allow to rise, uncovered, until doubled again.
9. Preheat the oven to 400 F.
10. Mix the remaining 2 cups sugar with the ground cinnamon.
11. Bake the doughnuts for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
12. Dip quickly into the melted butter and roll in the cinnamon sugar.