Fun Teatime Shortbread Recipe - Printable Version Makes 24 cookies
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- A pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 325 F.
2. Beat butter and sugar in bowl until well combined.
3. Sift flour and salt into butter mixture.
4. Using fingers, rub mixture until moist clumps form.
5. Gently knead until soft dough forms.
6. Divide dough in half.
7. Press each dough piece to 9 1/2-inch rounds about 1/4 inch thick.
8. Roll lightly with rolling pin to smooth top.
9. Cut out about 8 cookies using 3-inch cookie cutter (gather scraps, pat out and cut those too).
10. Repeat with second half of dough.
11. Place cookies on 2 baking sheets.
12. Pierce each cookie several times with a fork.
13. Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
14. Cool slightly.
15. Transfer to racks to cool completely.