Winter Pie Recipe - Printable Version Serves 6
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup seedless raisins
- 1/2 cup finely ground carrots
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 cup coarsely chopped apples
1. Combine all dry ingredients except raisins, carrots and apples, and add to the raisins and carrots.
2. Add water, bring to a boil and simmer for about 5 minutes.
3. Add apples.
4. Bake this mixture between two crusts for 25 minutes at 375 F.