Vegetarian Mince Pies Recipe
1. Mix everything together either by hand or, if you desire a smoother texture, in a food processor.
1. Rub shortening into the flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2. Add enough flour to enable the pastry to hold together.
3. Roll out pastry and cut into 4 to 5-inch circles.
4. Press circles into the bottom of lightly oiled baking tins.
5. Fill with mincemeat and cover with another pastry circle.
6. Press down at the edges and make a small steam hole in the top.
7. Bake for 10 minutes at 400 F.