Indian Tamarind Chutney Recipe
Instructions:1. Combine tamarind and boiling water; let soak for at least 1 hour.
2. Soak the raisins in 1/3 cup hot water for 1 hour.
3. Puree the raisins in a blender and set aside.
4. Squeeze the tamarind with fingers to break it up; push through a sieve held over a bowl, rubbing as much of the pulp through as possible.
5. Scrape the back of the sieve to collect all the pulp remaining there.
6. Stir in the pureed raisins and all the remaining ingredients. Optionally, add thin slices of 1 banana and serve as a relish.
7. Blend the mixture well, cover and let stand at room temperature for several hours.
8. Serve with fried foods and savory pastries.
9. It will keep in the refrigerator several days.