Whole-Wheat Cinnamon Raisin Bread Recipe
Instructions:1. Activate yeast by crumbling it in 1/4 cup lukewarm water and 1 teaspoon honey. Stir well to dissolve yeast and out in warm spot in kitchen for 10 to 15 minutes or until yeast is very bubbly and active.
2. Make a sponge of the active yeast mixture, remaining water and honey, cinnamon, eggs, raisins, and 4 cups whole-wheat flour. Let the sponge sit until light and bubbly.
3. Stir the sponge down and add salt and as much of the remaining whole-wheat flour as needed to make a stiff dough.
4. Turn dough out on floured surface and knead, adding white flour if additional flour is needed. This dough easily becomes stiff, so be careful to add flour gradually.
5. degrees) draft-free spot, and allow to rise until double in bulk.
6. Punch down, turn, and let rise a second time.
7. Turn dough out on floured surface and divide into 3 equal portions. Knead each lightly and shape into a round.
8. Cover and let rest about 10 minutes.
9. Shape into loaves, place in greased 9x5x3-inch metal loaf pans, and allow to rise until double in bulk.
10. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
11. Bake 40 to 50 minutes. Bread is done when it is nicely browned and has a hollow sound when tapped on the bottom.