Spicy Raisin Bean Muffins Recipe - Printable Version Makes 12 muffins
You may substitute chopped dates or apples for raisins. Honey can also be used instead of the brown sugar; reduce milk to 1/2 cup.
- 1 cup cooked Idaho pinto beans
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, or 3/4 cup all-purpose flour and 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/2 cup raisins
1. Puree beans with milk in blender or food processor until smooth.
2. Transfer to bowl.
3. Beat in egg whites, oil and brown sugar.
4. Combine ingredients are moistened.
5. Spoon into greased or paper-lined muffin until golden.