Instructions:1. Combine the butter and cream cheese and beat until well mixed.
2. Add the flour and salt, and mix until completely blended.
3. The dough will be easier to handle if you wrap and chill it for about an hour.
4. Stir together 1/2 cup of the sugar and the cinnamon.
5. Add the raisins and nuts and toss to coat all the pieces.
6. Preheat the oven to 375 F and get out some heavy cookie sheets.
7. Divide the dough into 6 equal pieces.
8. Keep chilled any dough you are not working on.
9. roll one of the pieces into an 8-inch circle.
10. Spread with 2 tbsp jam and sprinkle with 2 tbsp of the sugar-raisin-nut mixture.
11. Cut into 8 pie-shaped wedges.
12. Beginning at the wide end, roll toward the point, forming a crescent shape.
13. Roll out and form the remaining dough in the same way.
14. Place the cookies, point sides down, about 1 inch apart on the ungreased cookie sheets.
15. Mix together the egg yolk and water and brush over the top of each cookie.
16. Sprinkle each cookie with a little of the remaining 1/4 cup sugar.
17. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until lightly golden.
18. Remove from the oven and transfer to racks to cool.