Italian Frittelle Recipe
Instructions:1. Dissolve yeast in warm water; combine flour, salt and anise seeds in a bowl; gradually add the yeast and olive oil, mixing until a rather soft dough is formed.
2. Turn out onto a floured board and knead for 10 minutes, until dough is smooth and elastic.
3. Scatter raisins over board and knead the dough over them until they have been incorporated.
4. Shape dough into a ball, cover with a clean kitchen towel and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour, or until doubled in bulk.
5. With the palms of your hands, flatten the dough down to 1/2 inch thickness; let rest, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
6. Use a sharp knife to cut the dough into 36 diamonds.
7. Heat oil and fry the diamonds, a few at a time, turning until golden brown on both sides.
8. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
9. Heat honey with lemon juice and boil for 3 minutes.
10. Arrange fritelle on a serving plate and pour the hot honey over them.