Holiday Fruit Bars Recipe
Instructions:1. Stir the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a mixing bowl.
2. Mix in the 1/2 c brown sugar and then cut in the 1/2 c butter with a pastry blender or two knives until the mixture is crumbly.
3. Stir in the water and press the mixture into the bottom of a 13 X 9 X 2-inch baking pan.
4. Bake in a preheated 350 degree F.
5. oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Meanwhile beat the eggs in a bowl until well blended, using an electric mixer at medium speed.
7. Beat in the 1/4 cup of brown sugar and 1/4 cup of melted butter and blend well.
8. Stir in the raisins, both kinds, the candied cherries, lemon rind, and spices.
9. Spread the mixture over the baked crust.
10. Bake in the 350 degree F.
11. oven for 15 more minutes.
12. Cool in the pan on a wire rack and when cool cut into 24 (2 X 1 1/2-inch) bars.
13. Makes 24 bars.