Hermit Bars Recipe
Per Bar: 155 calories, 3g fat
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly oil a 9 by 13-inch baking dish or coat it with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and cloves.
4. In a large bowl, beat together molasses, brown sugar, oil, apple butter and eggs with an electric mixer until smooth.
5. Add the dry ingredients and beat on low speed just until combined.
6. Stir in raisins.
7. Transfer the batter to the prepared baking dish; smooth the top.
8. ake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the batter feels "set" when lightly pressed in the center.
9. Let cool in the baking dish on a rack.
10. Cut into 20 bars.
11. Store at room temperature in an airtight container. These moist, spicy favorites keep well (if they get the chance).