Heirloom Raisin Muffins Recipe
Instructions:1. Combine raisins and water in saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover.
3. Simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Drain raisins, reserving liquid.
5. Add enough water to reserved liquid to make 1/2 cup.
6. Cool well.
7. Cream together butter and sugar in bowl until light and fluffy, using electric mixer at medium speed.
8. Add eggs, beat for 2 more minutes.
9. Sift together flour and baking powder.
10. Add flour mixture alternately with 1/2 cup of reserved raisin liquid into creamed mixture, mixing well after each addition.
11. Stir in raisins.
12. Spoon batter into greased 3-inch muffin-pan cups, filling 2/3 full.
13. Bake in 400 F oven for 18 minutes or until golden brown.
14. Serve hot with homemade jam or jelly.