Filled Pumpkin Cookies Recipe
Special Equipment: Wilton "Jack-O-Lantern Cutters" (optional)
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer.
3. Beat in egg and vanilla.
4. Add baking powder, spice, and flour one cup at a time mixing after each addition. The dough will be very stiff; blend last flour in by hand.
5. Do not chill dough.
6. To tint with icing color, add small amounts of food coloring until desired hue is reached.
7. Divide dough into 2 balls.
8. On a floured surface, roll each ball into a circle approximately 12 inches in diameter.
9. Dip Wilton "Jack-O-Lantern Cutters" in flour before each use.
10. Place half the cookies on cookie sheets.
11. Place 1 tablespoon filling on cookie.
12. Cut eyes and mouth from remaining cookies.
13. Place on top of filling.
14. Press to seal edges.
15. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
16. To make filling just mix all ingredients in a bowl.
17. You can also use jelly.