Cinnamon Raisin Waffles Recipe
Note: Instead of buttermilk, you can combine 4 teaspoons vinegar with enough skim milk to equal 1 3/4 cups; let stand 5 minutes.
Instructions:1. Prepare waffle iron with cooking spray and heat up.
2. In a small bowl, combine the 3 tablespoons sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, remaining sugar and cinnamon.
4. In another mixing bowl, combine egg whites, buttermilk, applesauce, maple syrup, vanilla, orange extract, and raisins.
5. Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients just until moistened.
6. Pour enough batter to fill two-thirds of the waffle iron.
7. Cook until crisp and golden brown.
8. Set aside.
9. Repeat with remaining batter.
10. Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon mixture over waffles.