Apricot-Date Muffins Recipe
Instructions:1. Position rack in the upper third of the oven; preheat to 425 degrees.
2. Coat 12 muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl, stir together bran, flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4. Stir in raisins, dates and dried apricots.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk, molasses, apple butter, egg white, oil, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla.
6. Stir into the flour mixture just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
7. Do not overmix.
8. Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups. (They wil be nearlly full.)
9. Bake for 15-20 mintes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
10. Turn the muffins out onto a rack and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.