Prune Danish Recipe
Instructions:1. Roll pastry on floured surface to 2 20″ x 15″ rectangles.
2. Trim edges evenly.
3. With a sharp knife cut into 12 5″ squares.
4. Spoon a rounded tablepoon prune filling onto center of each square; bring 2 opposite corners over filling to overlap about 1 inch.
5. Placwe on cookie sheets 2 inches apart.
6. Let rise in a warm place until double in bulk, about 30 minutes.
7. Brush with beaten egg.
8. Place in hot oven (400°f); lower heat immediately to 350°f, then bake for 20 minutes.
9. Warm corn syrup slightly in small saucepan; brush over pastries; bake 5 minutes more.
10. Remove to wire rack; cool.
11. You may substitute cherry or apple pie filling, or apricot preserves for the prune filling.