Prune and Almond Tart Recipe
Instructions:1. At least 1 hour before preparing the tart, pour the hot tea over the prunes.
2. Set aside to marinate.
3. Preheat the oven to 190 oC (375 oF).
4. Grind the almonds to a fine powder.
5. Add the egg, sugar, eau-de-vie and cream.
6. Process until very smooth.
7. Thoroughly drain the prunes, discarding the soaking liquid.
8. Carefully arrange the prunes in the cooled tart shell (2 layers).
9. Pour the almond filling over the prunes.
10. Place the tart in the center of the oven, and bake until the filling is set and the tart shell is nicely browned, about 45 minutes.
11. Remove from the oven and sprinkle on the confectioners' sugar.
12. Cool on a rack.
13. Serve at room temperature.