Golden Poached Pears Recipe - Printable Version Serves 6
- 6 Bosc pears, or other firm winter pears
- 1 cup semi-dry white wine, such as Riesling
- 1 cup apple juice
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 5 whole cloves
1. Peel pears, leaving them whole.
2. Using a melon baller, core pears from the bottom up.
3. Place in a saucepan and add wine, apple juice, lemon juice and cloves.
4. Place pan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
5. Lower heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes, until pears are soft but not mushy.
6. Remove cloves from poaching liquid and spoon liquid over pears to serve.