Almond-Topped Pear Pie Recipe
Instructions:1. Combine the cornstarch, ginger and salt in a large bowl.
2. Add the corn syrup, melted butter, lemon juice and lemon rind, stirring until smooth.
3. Add the pears and toss until well coated with the corn syrup mixture.
4. Arrange the mixture into the unbaked pie shell.
5. Prepare the Almond Topping and sprinkle over the pears.
6. Bake in a preheated 400 degree F oven for 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to 350 degrees and bake an additional 30 minutes or until the topping and crust are golden brown.
7. Cool on a wire rack.
1. Combine the flour, brown sugar, and ginger in a bowl.
2. Cut in the butter, using a pastry blender, until crumbly.
3. Stir in the almonds.