Fruit Sweet and Sugar Free - Peach Oat Bran Muffins Recipe - Printable Version Makes 12 muffins
- Fruit and Nuts:
- 3/4 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup date pieces
- 2 1/2 cup chopped peaches
- Wet Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup fruit sweetener
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp peach extract
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup oat bran
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- Dry Ingredients:
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 1/3 cup oat flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Lightly spray a regular size muffin tin with lecithin spray.
3. Toast the pecans in the oven for 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Allow the nuts to cool.
5. Then coarsely chop them with a knife or with a pulsing action in a food processor.
6. Coarsely chop the peaches.
7. In a medium size bowl, mix together the fruit sweetener, eggs, oil, vanilla, peach extract and applesauce.
8. Stir in the oat bran and the rolled oats.
9. Let this mixture sit for a minimum of 10 minutes while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
10. Sift the dry ingredients into a large bowl, stir in the pecans and the date pieces.
11. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and stir in the wet mix.
12. When half mixed, stir in the chopped peaches.
13. Be careful not to over mix, the muffin batter should be lumpy.
14. Use a #12 (1/2 cup) scoop to place the batter into the prepared muffin tins.
15. Bake the muffins in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes.
16. Let the muffins cool in the muffin pans before removing them.
17. Be extra careful when handling these muffins because they are very fragile when warm.