Stuffed Oranges Recipe - Printable Version Serves 4
- 4 large oranges
- 8 dates
- 4 tsp chopped walnuts
- 4 tsp raisins
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg white, stiffly beaten
- 4 tsp grated coconut
1. Cut a thin slice from stem end of oranges.
2. Cut triangles evenly from top.
3. Remove center, dice pulp and combine with dates, raisins and 2 tablespoons sugar.
4. Fill orange shells and bake in a casserole with 1/2 inch water, in a 300 F oven for 45 minutes.
5. Fold beaten egg whites and remaining sugar together.
6. Remove oranges from oven, top with egg mixture, sprinkle with coconut and return to oven for 15 minutes.