Orange Pancakes with Orange Sauce Recipe
These are a real treat for a leisurely weekend breakfast-beautiful and very tasty. Four pancakes are stacked with layers of ricotta cheese between them. A warm sauce with fresh orange sections is poured overall. The pancake stack is served in wedges.
Per Serving: 393 calories, 12.7 g protein, 69.9 g carbohydrates, 9.8 g total fat, 4.8 CSI Units, 236 mg sodium, 430 mg potassium, 289 mg calcium, 1.5 mg iron.
Instructions:To Make The Pancakes:
1. Combine flour, baking powder and orange rind.
2. In a separate bowl combine egg white, honey, milk, orange juice and oil.
3. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just enough to moisten.
4. Bake four large pancakes on a lightly oiled griddle.
5. Spread 1/3-1/2 cup ricotta cheese between each pancake and pour half the orange sauce over the top.
6. Cut into wedges and pour sauce over individual wedges.