Orange Flower Almond Cookies Recipe
Delicately flavored orange cookie cups topped with an orange, almond-paste filling.
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Combine flour, baking powder and cinnamon, set aside.
3. Beat together butter, sugar and orange flower water until light an fluffy.
4. Stir in flour in 1/2-cup increments, blending after each.
5. Form dough into a ball, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
6. Beat together almond paste, butter, sugar, cinnamon and orange flower water until smooth.
7. Roll 1/2 teaspoonfuls of paste into smooth balls, set aside.
8. Roll heaping tablespoons of dough into 1 1/2-inch balls.
9. Arrange one inch apart on buttered baking sheets.
10. Use thim to make a 1/2-inch-deep indentation in each ball, fill indentations with almond paste balls.
11. Bake 15-18 minutes or until bottoms are golden and almond paste is lightly browned.
12. Sprinkle hot cookies with granulated sugar.
13. Cool on racks.
14. Store airtight at room temp for 1 week. Freeze for 3 months.