Orange Cranberry Muffins Recipe - Printable Version Makes 12 muffins
These muffins are very moist and tasty. The rather strange measurements of flour and sugar are the result of my reducing the end result from 4 dozen muffins to 1 dozen.
- 1 orange (a large navel orange with a thick rind is best)
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup plus 2 1/2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
1. The night before: Grate the orange rind. Squeeze the juice from the orange.
2. Mix the rind, juice, and cranberries in a bowl and refrigerate overnight.
3. The next day: preheat oven to 400 degrees.
4. Mix the egg, milk and vegetable oil in a small bowl.
5. Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
6. Add the cranberries (with the juice and rind) to the flour mixture.
7. Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture.
8. The batter will be runnier than most muffin batters -- but that's the way it should be.
9. Fill 12 greased muffin cups (or use foil baking cups to line the muffin cups) with the batter and bake for 25 minutes.