Orange-Raisin Muffins Recipe
Per serving (1 muffin): About 200 cal, 5 g pro, 32 g car, 5 g fat, 22% cal from fat, 0 mg chol, 140 mg sod.
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Line 12 medium muffin pan cups with paper liners, or spray bottoms only with cooking spray.
2. In medium bowl, combine flour, wheat germ, raisins, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt; mix well.
3. In small bowl, combine milk, oil, egg and grated orange peel until blended.
4. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
5. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
6. Bake 18 to 20 minutes, or until light golden brown and wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
7. Remove muffins to wire rack to cool.
8. In small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and orange juice.
9. Drizzle over slightly cooled muffins.
10. Serve warm.
11. To freeze, wrap muffins securely in foil or place in freezer bag. Seal, label and freeze. To reheat frozen muffins, unwrap; microwave at High (100% power) about 30 seconds per muffin.