Orange-Almond Cookies Recipe
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 350~ degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar for about five minutes.
3. Add the egg and continue beating until smooth.
4. Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
5. Slowly add to the butter mixture and mix until smooth.
6. Add the chopped almonds, the grated orange peel, and the vanilla extract.
7. Mix until smooth.
8. Drop teaspoons of the cookie batter onto lightly buttered cookie sheets, spacing them about 1" apart.
9. Dip your thumb in some flour and make an indentation in the center of each cookie.
10. Brush each cookie with the lightly beaten egg and place a whole almond in the center of each indentation.
11. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the cookies are golden brown at the edges and puffed.
12. Let cool slightly, then remove to a wire rack.