Mandarin Orange Muffins Recipe
Instructions:1. Spread orange segments on a paper towel to drain.
2. Briefly sift together flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, allspice, and 1/2 cup sugar.
3. Cut in the shortening, until it resembles a fine grain.
4. Combine the egg and milk. Mix well.
5. Add to the flour mixture. Mix just until well-moistened.
6. Add orange segments. Mix gently.
7. Spoon into a greased muffin tin, filling abour two-thirds full.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. 9. Remove from oven.
10. Combine cinnamon with remaining 1/4 cup sugar roll tops of hot muffins in cinnnamon mixture.
11. Serve warm or at room temperature.