Nectarine Yogurt Muffins Recipe
Per Muffin: 150 calories, 3g protein, 24g carbohydrate, 5g fat, 15mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium.
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees; grease the bottoms only of the muffin cups or line with paper baking cups.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, margarine and egg; blend well.
4. Add to the dry ingredients; stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
5. The batter will be very thick.
6. Stir in the nectarine.
7. Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full.
8. Sprinkle the almonds over the batter.
9. Bake for 15 to 22 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
10. Cool for 1 minute; remove from the pan.
11. Serve warm.