Florida Key Lime Pie Recipe
1. Heat oven to 375 F.
2. In 9-inch pie plate combine graham cracker crumbs and 2 tbsp sugar; stir in butter until blended.
3. Press mixture firmly and evenly over bottom and sides of pie plate; bake for 10 minutes until browned.
4. Cool completely on wire rack.
1. In top of double boiler using wire whisk, beat egg yolks, lime juice, 1/3 cup sugar and salt until well blended.
2. Set over simmering water; cook for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly until mixture is thick enough to coat back of metal spoon.
3. Remove from heat; stir in 1 tbsp grated lime peel.
4. Refrigerate mixture for about 45 minutes until cool.
5. Meanwhile, in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed, beat cream until soft peaks form.
6. Set 1 cup whipped cream aside for garnish; fold cooled lime mixture into remaining cream.
7. Spoon filling into prepared crust; refrigerate for at least 2 hours until set.
8. To serve, spoon remaining whipped cream decoratively over top of pie; sprinkle cream with remaining 1 tbsp lime peel.
9. Garnish with lime slices, if desired.