Two-Crust Lemon Pie Recipe - Printable Version Serves 4
- Double crust pastry
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1 lemon, peeled and sliced thin
1. In small mixing bowl, combine all filling ingredients except peeled lemon slices.
2. Mix until well blended.
3. Stir in lemon slices.
4. Pour into pastry-lined 8-inch pie pan.
5. Roll out remaining dough.
6. Cut slits for steam to escape; moisten rim of bottom crust.
7. Place top crust over filling.
8. Fold edge under bottom crust, pressing to seal.
9. Flute edge.
10. Bake at 400 F for 30 to 35 minutes until golden brown.
11. Chill before serving.