Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins Recipe
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 400F/200C.
2. In bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
3. In large bowl, beat oil with sugar, eggs, buttermilk or yogurt, poppy seeds and lemon peel.
4. Add dry ingredients to large bowl and combine just until moistened.
5. Spoon batter into 12 large non-stick, lightly oiled or paper-lined muffin cups.
6. Bake in preheated 400F/200C oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, in small saucepan, bring lemon juice and sugar to boil.
8. Cool for a few minutes.
9. When muffins come out of oven, prick in a few places with toothpick.
10. Spoon syrup over top and allow to soak into muffins.
11. Cool and remove muffins from pan.
12. The batter can also be baked in a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan (2L loaf pan) for 45 to 50 minutes.