Lemon Mousse with Raspberry Sauce Recipe
Instructions:1. In small bowl sprinkle gelatin over white wine and let soften.
2. Add lemon juice and grated lemon rind, stir over simmering water until gelatin is dissolved.
3. In another bowl, beat egg yolks with 3 tablespoons of the sugar until mixture ribbons, then slowly add gelatin mixture and stir.
4. In a bowl beat egg whites until foamy, add 5 tablespoons of sugar and beat until meringue holds soft peaks.
5. Add whipped cream to egg yolk mixture and fold in one half of meringue.
6. Add cream mixture to remaining meringue and fold together.
7. Chill mousse for at least 2 hours.
8. To make sauce: In blender or food processor, combine thawed and drained raspberries, lemon juice, sugar and Kirsch and puree.
9. Strain puree to remove seeds and add enough reserved raspberry juice to slightly thin.
10. To serve, spoon mousse onto plates and pass sauce on the side.