Lemon Doughnut Balls Recipe - Printable Version Makes 24 doughnut balls
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup lemon iuice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup milk
- Vegetable oil or shortening, heated to 375
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Confectioner's sugar
1. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a mixing bowl.
2. Combine milk, butter, lemon peel and juice, egg, and coconut in a separate bowl: beat well.
3. Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients Stir just until flour is moistened.
4. Drop by teaspoonfuls into hot oil.
6. Fry 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
7. Drain on paper towels.
8. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.