Lemon Butter Wafers Recipe
Instructions:1. In the large bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter until smooth and add the sugar, beating until creamy.
2. Beat in the eggs, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
3. Add the flour, beating just until combined.
4. Add the zest and almonds, stirring until well incorporated.
5. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator until well chilled at least 3 hours.
6. Preheat the oven to 350F.
7. Butter a nonstick cookie sheet.
8. Using a 1/2 tbsp measure, spoon out lever 1/2 tb of chilled cooked dough onto the cooked sheet, placing them 3" apart.
9. Bake for about 10 minutes or until the cookies have just flattened and are lightly browned around the edges.
10. Cool the cookies on racks.
11. Store in a covered tin.
Variation: Spread 1 tbsp seedless raspberry jam on the bottom of 1 cookie, then place the bottom of another cookie on top. This makes a delicious lemon-raspberry cookie sandwich.