Lemon Butter Mousse Recipe
Instructions:1. In a small heatproof bowl, stir together the first amount of lemon juice and the lemon zest.
2. Sprinkle on the gelatin and set aside to soften for 10 minutes.
3. Set the bowl in a saucepan of hot water over low heat and stir to dissolve the gelatin.
4. Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
5. In a large bowl, whip cream until just stiff.
6. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
7. In a deep bowl, combine egg whites with the salt.
8. Beat until soft peaks form.
9. Gradually add 1 cup of the confectioners' sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
10. In another bowl, beat the butter until soft and fluffy.
11. Add 1 cup of the confectioners' sugar and beat until smooth.
12. One at a time, add the egg yolks, alternating with the dissolved gelatin and the remaining 1 cup confectioners' sugar.
13. Continue to beat until smooth.
14. Fold in one-third of the egg whites.
15. Quickly but gently fold in the remaining egg whites.
16. Beat the remaining lemon juice into the whipped cream and fold into the mousse.
17. Turn into a serving dish or stemmed wine glasses, cover and refrigerate until chilled and set, about 3 hours.