Lemon Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins Recipe
Nutrition Information per muffin: Calories 160, Calories From Fat 27, Total Fat 3g, Saturated Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 140mg, Total Carbohydrates 29g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Protein 4g.
Instructions:1. Heat oven to 400 F Line 12 muffin cups with paper baking cups or spray bottoms only with no-stick cooking spray.
2. For topping, combine 1/4 cup oats and sugar; mix well.
3. Set aside.
4. For muffins, combine 1-1/2 cups oats, and remaining dry ingredients; mix well.
5. Add combined milk, egg whites, oil, lemon peel and vanilla, mixing just until dry ingredients are moistened.
6. Gently stir in blueberries.
7. Fill muffin cups almost full.
8. Sprinkle with reserved topping, patting gently.
9. Bake 20 to 24 minutes or until light golden brown.
10. Let muffins stand a few minutes; remove from pan.
For Jumbo Muffins:
1. Heat oven to 400 F Line 6 jumbo muffin cup with paper baking cups or spray bottoms only with no-stick cooking spray.
2. For topping, combine 2 tablespoons old fashioned oats and 1 tablespoon granulated sugar; set aside.
3. Proceed as recipe directs except bake muffins 28 to 32 minutes or light golden brown.
4. Let muffins stand a few minutes; remove from pan.