Instructions:1. To prepare bars: Heat honey and butter until butter melts.
2. Let cool to lukewarm.
3. Beat in eggs.
4. Beat in lemon peel, juice, almonds and candied fruit.
5. Set aside.
6. Sift together baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, cloves and flour; mix well.
7. Add 1 cup at a time to honey mixture.
8. Chill dough 8 hours.
9. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
10. Pat dough into 2 greased 9-by-13-inch pans; bake 15 minutes or until firm and lightly browned.
11. Let cool slightly in pan on racks.
12. While bars are cooling, prepare icing: Blend sugar, juice, vanilla, honey and water.
13. Glaze bars with icing while still warm.
14. Cut into 1 1/2-by-2-inch rectangles.
15. While icing is still wet, decorate with slivered almonds, maraschino cherries and green candied fruit.
16. Remove bars from pans and let cool on racks.
17. Store in airtight containers.