Instructions:1. Mix the honey and molasses; bring to a boil.
2. Remove from the heat and cool thoroughly.
3. Stir in the brown sugar, egg, lemon juice, and lemon rind.
4. Sift together the flour, baking soda, and spices.
5. Stir into the honey-molasses mixture.
6. Mix in the citron and nuts.
7. Chill the dough overnight.
8. Roll a small amount at a time, keeping the rest chilled.
9. Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness and cut into oblongs 1 1/2 x 2 1/2 inches.
10. Place about 1 inch apart on a greased baking sheet.
11. Bake in a 400 F (moderate/ hot) oven for 10 to 12 minutes until, when touched lightly, no imprint remains.
12. While the cookies bake, make the Glazing Icing.
13. Boil together the sugar and water until the first indication of a thread appears (230F).
14. Remove from the heat.
15. Stir in the confectioners' sugar.
16. Brush the hot icing thinly over the cookies.(When the icing gets sugary, reheat slightly, adding a little water until clear again.)