Killer Pancakes Recipe - Printable Version Serves 4
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 egg whites
- 16 oz can juice-packed fruit cocktail, drained, juice reserved, or maple syrup, or chopped fresh strawberries, macerated with little sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. Spray 2 nonstick cookie sheets with vegetable oil an set aside.
3. Sift dry ingredients together and set aside.
4. Beat the egg whites until frothy.
5. Beat in the juice.
6. Gradually add the dry mixture, stirring until well blended.
7. Fold in the fruit cocktail.
8. Using a 2 tbsp measure (a coffee scoop for e.g.), scoop dollops of pancake batter onto the sprayed pans, leaving a least 2" between pancakes.
9. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until puffed and golden.
10. Serve hot with maple syrup fresh strawberries, peaches or other fruit.