Guava Chiffon Pie Recipe
Instructions:1. Combine flour and salt.
2. Cut in shortening and butter until lumps are pea-size.
3. Add water and stir until mixture is moistened.
4. Press into ball and chill 45 minutes.
5. Roll out on floured board with well-floured or stockinette-covered rolling pin.
6. Carefully transfer pastry to 9-inch pie plate.
7. Pierce all over with fork.
8. Bake at 400F 15 minutes.
10. Meanwhile, to make filling, soften gelatin in lemon juice.
11. Set aside.
12. Combine egg yolks, guava juice and 1/2 cup sugar.
13. Add a few drops red food color.
14. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture thickens.
15. Add gelatin mixture and stir until melted.
16. Cool mixture until it reaches consistency of unbeaten egg whites.
17. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar together until soft peaks form.
18. Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
19. Fold in gelatin mixture and pour into baked pastry shell.
21. Top with sweetened whipped cream and garnish with guava slices.