Grapefruit with a Twist Recipe
Use orange juice as a non-alcoholic option.
Instructions:1. In a 4-cup pan, combine sugar and 2/3 cup water.
2. Boil, uncovered, over high heat until reduced to 1/2 cup.
3. Gently twist lemon peel and drop into syrup; let cool. If made ahead, cover and chill for up to 3 days.
4. With a sharp knife, cut peel and all white membrane from grapefruit.
5. Over a bowl, cut between membranes to release fruit segments; squeeze juice from membrane into bowl. Discard membrane. If made ahead, cover and let stand for up to 3 hours.
6. Spoon fruit, juice and syrup equally into dessert bowls.
7. Garnish with leaves.
8. To each portion add to taste about 1 tablespoon gin or orange juice, and juice from lemon wedges.