Fruit Sponge Recipe - Printable Version Serves 8
- 2 tbsp gelatin
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 2 cup sour milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup crushed fruit
- 1 egg white
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
1. Soften gelatin in cold water.
2. Dissolve over boiling water.
3. Combine gelatin, sour milk, sugar, lemon juice, and salt. Mix thoroughly.
4. Cool until partially set.
5. Beat until light and fluffy.
6. Add flavoring and fruit.
7. Fold in stiffly beaten egg white.
8. Beat until gelatin holds its shape.
10. Pile lightly in serving dish.
11. Serve with whipped cream, or soft custard.