Sandbakelse Recipe - Printable Version Makes 36 cookies
- 1/2 lb butter, unsalted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, large
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 3 cups flour
- Currant or rasberry jam
1. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add egg.
3. Beat in cardamom and flour.
4. Wrap dough in plastic and refrigerate for several hours.
5. Heat oven to 375 F.
6. Lightly butter minimuffin tins.
7. Press dough into tins, making a well with your finger.
8. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until just beginning to brown.
9. Let cool on wire racks.
10. Fill with jelly or jam and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.