French Fritter Recipe - Printable Version Serves 4
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 lemon, rind grated
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 4 apples, oranges, pineapple, figs or pears
1. Sprinkle fruit slices of you choice with the lemon rind and sugar and let stand for 2 to 3 hours.
2. Drain and dip in the thin Fritter Batter.
3. To make batter: Beat together with mixer, egg yolks, milk, flour, salt, butter and lemon juice. Fold in the stiffly beaten egg whites.
4. Fry in deep fat at 375 F.
5. Drain and serve hot with sugar, or a sweet syrup or sauce.