Italian Fig Cookies Recipe
Instructions:1. Mix flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a large bowl.
2. Cut in butter until coarse meal.
3. Make a well and add Eggs and vanilla, mixing with fingers or fork until mixture leaves side of bowl.
4. Knead until smooth, set aside.
5. Immerse dried figs in hot water for about 5 minutes, drain, remove stem and chop.
6. Chop or grind figs and walnuts.
7. Add cinnamon, brown sugar and water.
8. Cook over low heat until fruit is soft and filling has thickened.
9. Set aside, cool.
10. Roll dough thin, cut in " circles with cookie cutter.
11. Put 1 tablespoon of filling in center, fold and seal edges by moistening edge with a little water.
12. Bake in 350F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.