Indian Figlets Recipe
Instructions:1. Remove the hard stems from the figs and cut the figs into medium small pieces.
2. Place them in a small saucepan with the water.
3. Bring to a boil over moderate heat; cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes until the water is absorbed.
4. Set aside to cool.
5. Mix together the flour, baking soda, ginger, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
6. Set aside.
7. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar, then beat in the corn syrup and the vanilla and egg.
8. Add the mixed dry ingredients and mix until blended.
9. Stir in the lemon rind and then the cooled figs.
10. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls on a greased cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
11. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
12. The cookies are done when the tops spring back firmly if they are lightly pressed with a finger tip.
13. Remove and cool.