Glazed Figs Recipe - Printable Version Makes 24 candies
- 24 California dried figs
- 3 cups cold water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tsp whole cloves
- 1 cup California brandy, or water with brandy flavoring
- 1 tbsp white corn syrup
- 24 lightly browned almonds
1. Place figs and water in saucepan.
2. Bring to a hard boil, then lower heat to simmer.
3. Cover and let cook for 20 minutes.
4. Add all ingredients except almonds.
5. Stir gently in order not to break figs.
6. Cover and simmer again for about 20 minutes or until figs are plump and transparent.
7. Cool in syrup. Add a little water if needed, but keep it rich.
8. Just before serving, insert toasted almond in each fig.
9. Delicious with roast turkey, baked chicken, beef, pork or ham.