Glazed Figs Recipe
Instructions:1. Place figs and water in saucepan.
2. Bring to a hard boil, then lower heat to simmer.
3. Cover and let cook for 20 minutes.
4. Add all ingredients except almonds.
5. Stir gently in order not to break figs.
6. Cover and simmer again for about 20 minutes or until figs are plump and transparent.
7. Cool in syrup. Add a little water if needed, but keep it rich.
8. Just before serving, insert toasted almond in each fig.
9. Delicious with roast turkey, baked chicken, beef, pork or ham.