Fresh Fig Muffins Recipe - Printable Version Makes 12 muffins
- 2 large fresh figs, finely chopped
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1. Dredge figs in 2 tbsp flour, tossing lightly to coat; set aside.
2. Combine remaining flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl; sift together 4 times.
3. Stir together milk, eggs and butter; add to dry ingredients, stirring until moistened.
4. Fold in reserved figs.
5. Spoon batter into greased muffin pans, filling 2/3 full.
6. Bake at 450~ for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Remove from pans. Serve warm.